Today this little fella turns 5 weeks old!
We’re spending the morning at my moms while the jeep is getting some work done. I couldn’t believe Hunter stayed asleep getting put into our carseat, then being moved into my mom’s carseat. Since yesterday he’s been the best sleeper! We’ll see how long it lasts. 😉
The one month mark came and went in no time, and since I’m going back to teaching cycle this week (body pump in a couple more weeks), my mind has been more focused on fitness and goals.
I’m looking forward to getting closer to my pre-pregnancy size. Maybe not as small as I was before, since I’ll be breastfeeding for a while longer, but close. At least being able to fit into my old clothes.
Here’s the before:
Here’s the end of my pregnancy at 40 weeks:
And here’s one month after baby:
Initially I dropped 15 pounds after giving birth, so with the 40 pounds I gained, 25 are still remaining. Those first 15 pounds left right away, then no changes for the past 3 weeks.
Some thing’s I’ve noticed:
- my skin is looser – it’ll take a little while to tighten back up
- I didn’t get any stretch marks while I was pregnant, but once I have birth I noticed a few small ones on both sides above my hips
- my hips have widened
- most of my extra weight remaining is hanging out in my butt, thighs, hips and legs
Before having Jacob take these 1 month photos I felt like I was closer to my old size, but then seeing them made me realize I’m not as close as I thought I was. It’s just been one month since Hunter was born, so I’m really excited and looking forward to seeing how the next 2, 3, 4, 5 months go in progress photos.
Post baby body goals for this month
- get back to teaching my twice weekly classes (cycle and body pump) and hopefully add another
- go for a sprint run
- get back to pre-baby body pump weights (shouldn’t take long since I was actually already pregnant when I started teaching body pump)
- see some type of weight loss – I’m not putting a number here, but just seeing it start to go in the downward direction would be nice
- exercise at least 4 times a week – 2 strength and 2 cardio (in addition to my regular dog walks)
I think these goals for this month are pretty doable. I’m SOOO SOOO looking forward to the sprint run, but I won’t get to that until closer to the end of the month. I want to be healed 100% before I do that, and I’m not there yet.
Speaking of running, I ran for my first time on Saturday! My regular 2.3 mile loop that I’ve probably run at least 100 times.
It was fun, energizing and challenging. I did feel much heavier running than I thought I would. Things felt a little loose and jiggly as I bounced along the side walk.
Mentally it’s the best exercise I’ve gotten in since Hunter was born. I just love how I can clear my head during a run, no matter if it’s a good or bad run, my mind always feels replenished afterwards.
One month down. I’m excited to see the two month photos and what kind of progress I’ve made.
What type of exercise clears your mind?