1) I’m back home after a glorious 3 days up at the lake house. I did absolutely nothing other than hang with the hubs, read, catch up on my much needed food network, ate out a couple times and helped myself feel bloated. Chips, pretzels, m & m’s and golden grahams anyone?
2) Okay, okay, okay, I did get a nice run in and a very stretching morning insanity workout (cardio recovery). Those were 2 nice things.
3) I’m feeling a little off target this morning after a weekend away. I didn’t do my usual meal planning + grocery shopping. Instead I hopped over to Costco + a stop at Freddies on the way up to the lake house.
4) I hoped I wouldn’t have to pick up much more for this week, but then the tables turned. I left all our food in the fridge at the lake, completing spacing it from my brain not realizing it until the second we walk in the door at home. Whoops!
5) I guess groceries will be a bit more than expensive this week.
6) I quickly meal planned hoping to go to the store last night, but I’ll run by after work. 3 things I’ll be making? Quinoa corn chowder, black bean burgers and rice n beans.
7) I landed a spot teaching cycling on Thursday evenings at the Marshall Center! Remember that being one of my September goals? Well I guess it needed to be an October goal.
8) In less than 2 weeks I have my weekend of body pump training… I hope to get my materials this week to start learning the choreography.
9) I want to start running at least twice a week. I’ve kind of fallen off my running wagon and seem to only run once a week now. It makes me feel rusty and clumpy, but I want to feel graceful and light.
10) We have been eating meat again. Like I mention before, I added in fish and Jacob had a burger. Over the weekend whenever we ate out, we ordered something with meat. So far none has been purchased for the house… maybe we’ll keep meat for special occasions outside of the house?
How was your weekend? Anything you’re dying to share?!
Like what you read? Subscribe to the feed or by email to be the first with your hands on new healthy, budget friendly recipes, kitchen how-to’s, hikes, fitness tips and home workouts with some life and home balance thrown in there.
Leave a comment below or email me at email@example.com to connect, ask any questions or share your thoughts.