It’s hard to believe 3 months have already passed since our little man arrived. I’m excited to see how I did on my goals from 2 months. I haven’t looked at them since I wrote the post, and I’m pretty sure I forgot about one of them.
First, the pictures!
Looking back at the previous couple months I can start to see some changes happening, which is nice. Mostly in my arms and a bit in the middle. The tummy’s still squishy, but a little less than before.
Jacob needs to work on his picture taking skills… they’re a little blurry. Not cool Jacob. Not cool.
This is really the one you wanna see… baby!
Okay, enough distractions, here’s how I did on my 2 month goals.
- begin running with Hunter in the stroller once, but hopefully twice a week (got the okay from his pediatrician!) – most weeks I’ve gone once with him, then once running intervals on the treadmill. Last week however, zero running happened
- start to see some weight loss – I am! I’m down about 3 pounds from the month before
- limit beer and/or wine to the weekend for special occasions (I think this will really help, I’ve been enjoying wine or beer many nights throughout the week) – I’ve been doing this too… maybe that’s part of the reason I saw a change in the scale
- begin incorporating a short, high intensity workout at home once a week (less than 20 minutes) – totally forgot about this one, but I’m going to plan one for tomorrow morning!
I feel pretty good about how I did on my goals. Time for some new ones though.
- Continue with the running and limiting of alcohol.
- Start incorporating the short, high intensity workouts at home. They’ll be good for the weekends when I tend to not exercise as much, or just don’t feel like taking much time to exercise.
- Prep more mini meals to easily and quickly grab. This is going to help me make better choices than a bowl or two of cereal every day when I get super hungry after waiting too long to eat. I need to get back on my eat every 3 hours schedule. Helps me keep my energy up and feel good.
- Find the P90X DVDs and add in some of those workouts. I really like the challenge, and want to be able to do a pull up again.
- My brother is doing P90X right now, so he has a pull up bar in his house. A couple weeks ago we were there and Jacob and him were being all guyish checking to see how many pull ups they could do. I tried to be all cool and do a chin up, thinking I still could, and I barely budged up the bar! At 5 months pregnant I could still do one, so for some reason in my head I thought I’d be able to. Wrong. Now I really want to be able to do one again, so that’s a goal for this month.
- Since I’m now starting to see the scale move down, continue with that. Slow and steady wins the race.
Those are my goals… now time to find those DVDs!
How’s your weekend going? We’re seeing lots of family and friends which is super nice + the extra time with Jacob (love holiday weekends!) has been awesome.
Lastly, thank you all for your sweet comments on my new job + cutting down on posting. They warmed my heart.
Have a great one!