It’s hard to believe 3 months have already passed since our little man arrived. I’m excited to see how I did on my goals from 2 months. I haven’t looked at them since I wrote the post, and I’m pretty sure I forgot about one of them.
First, the pictures!
Looking back at the previous couple months I can start to see some changes happening, which is nice. Mostly in my arms and a bit in the middle. The tummy’s still squishy, but a little less than before.
Jacob needs to work on his picture taking skills… they’re a little blurry. Not cool Jacob. Not cool.
This is really the one you wanna see… baby!
Okay, enough distractions, here’s how I did on my 2 month goals.
- begin running with Hunter in the stroller once, but hopefully twice a week (got the okay from his pediatrician!) – most weeks I’ve gone once with him, then once running intervals on the treadmill. Last week however, zero running happened
- start to see some weight loss – I am! I’m down about 3 pounds from the month before
- limit beer and/or wine to the weekend for special occasions (I think this will really help, I’ve been enjoying wine or beer many nights throughout the week) – I’ve been doing this too… maybe that’s part of the reason I saw a change in the scale
- begin incorporating a short, high intensity workout at home once a week (less than 20 minutes) – totally forgot about this one, but I’m going to plan one for tomorrow morning!
I feel pretty good about how I did on my goals. Time for some new ones though.
- Continue with the running and limiting of alcohol.
- Start incorporating the short, high intensity workouts at home. They’ll be good for the weekends when I tend to not exercise as much, or just don’t feel like taking much time to exercise.
- Prep more mini meals to easily and quickly grab. This is going to help me make better choices than a bowl or two of cereal every day when I get super hungry after waiting too long to eat. I need to get back on my eat every 3 hours schedule. Helps me keep my energy up and feel good.
- Find the P90X DVDs and add in some of those workouts. I really like the challenge, and want to be able to do a pull up again.
- My brother is doing P90X right now, so he has a pull up bar in his house. A couple weeks ago we were there and Jacob and him were being all guyish checking to see how many pull ups they could do. I tried to be all cool and do a chin up, thinking I still could, and I barely budged up the bar! At 5 months pregnant I could still do one, so for some reason in my head I thought I’d be able to. Wrong. Now I really want to be able to do one again, so that’s a goal for this month.
- Since I’m now starting to see the scale move down, continue with that. Slow and steady wins the race. 🙂
Those are my goals… now time to find those DVDs!
How’s your weekend going? We’re seeing lots of family and friends which is super nice + the extra time with Jacob (love holiday weekends!) has been awesome.
Lastly, thank you all for your sweet comments on my new job + cutting down on posting. They warmed my heart. 🙂
Have a great one!