I am so excited to share this recipe with you guys today! This 4 ingredient instant pot teriyaki chicken and veggies could not be any easier and I know for me, easy meals win. Before I get into the recipe, I have a confession to share.
Lunch has been a hard meal for me lately. I find I’m either on the go and don’t pack food well or hurrying to make lunch for the kids/clean up/get them down for naps. Either option leaves me eating snacky lunches. If we are home I grab what I see in the fridge or kind of munch on some of the foods the kids are eating. If we’re out and finishing at the gym or running errands I eat what I’ve quickly grabbed which is not always enough. Like earlier in the week for example – I grabbed a banana and a leftover salmon burgers and called that my lunch after teaching. It was not enough! I then just feel hungry all afternoon and continue snacking until I eat something more substantial.
After too many days like that I said enough! I need to prep something ahead that A) has vegetables and B) has protein and fat and C) I can grab and go and like eating cold.
This 4 ingredient instant pot teriyaki chicken and veggies did the trick! It was insanely easy to make in the instant pot and tastes so good. I LOVE coconut aminos and use it in my cooking all the time. I actually prefer this soy sauce alternative over actual soy sauce. And it’s better for you – less sodium and no soy!
Your 4 ingredients are boneless skinless chicken thighs, broccoli, carrots and coconut aminos (plus sea salt and pepper). I cooked this recipe in a 6 QT Instant Pot. You could definitely make this on the stove top and still enjoy the yummy flavors, it would just take a bit longer with more hands on time.
Keep it low carb by eating as is, or add some rice (I love my rice cooker!) for a complete and balanced meal. Either way, you’ve gotta get this easy peasy meal in your life. I love it warm, and I love it cold too, which is just what I need on those days I’m running around. Now I can stay fueled up! Enjoy his one, my friends!
4 Ingredient Instant Pot Teriyaki Chicken and Veggies
Makes 4 servings
- about 2lb boneless skinless chicken thighs (6-8 pieces)
- 2 cups chopped broccoli
- 2 cups carrot pieces (about 2 inch sticks)
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Add the chicken thighs to a 6 quart instant pot. Sprinkle the sea salt and pepper over and stir. Pour in the coconut aminos.
- Pressure cook on manual for 8 minutes. When done, quick release the pressure and take the lid off. Shred the chicken a little bit.
- Add the broccoli and carrots and stir. Pressure cook on manual for 2 minutes. When done, quick release the pressure and take the lid off. Remove chicken and veggies onto a platter and shed the chicken more into smaller more bite sized pieces.
- Serve as is or with rice!
Pin the image to save for later!
Tell me, do you have an instant pot and use it? Are you a soy sauce or coconut aminos fan?