It’s no secret I’m an egg lover. Currently we’re down to 2 eggs left in the fridge. That’s just too few in this house. Must-go-to-the-store-asap.
This dish I’m about to share with you is egg heavy, and a.m.a.z.i.n.g. Jacob and I first had it at his grandma’s house. We then ate it again the following weekend. I couldn’t get the recipe from her fast enough!
It may not look like much, but this chili-egg puff melts in your mouth. It’s basically lots of eggs, cheese and cottage cheese. A little bit of green chilies add a touch of heat, but nothing too dramatic. I can’t handle much heat and it was just right for me.
Not only is it the most amazing egg casserole (really!), it’s crazy simple to make. I threw it together in just a few minutes (grating the cheese takes the longest). You bake it, let it sit and bam you’ve got a chili-egg puff to feed a crowd. A good idea for the day after thanksgiving if you are cooking breakfast for a lot of people.
Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we have!
very slightly adapted from Grandma Bernice
- 10 eggs
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 pint (16oz.) small curd cottage cheese
- 3/4 lb jack cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cans (4 oz cans) diced green chilies, drained
- Beat eggs until light and lemon colored. Add flour, baking powder, salt, cottage cheese, jack cheese and melted butter, blending smoothly. Stir in the chilies.
- Pour mixture into a well-buttered 9×13 baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes, or center appears firm.
- Allow to cool for at least 15 minutes before serving.
I was informed that my posts are no longer coming through via email. When my blog was down a week or so ago something with that must have gotten messed up as well. I will be sending out an email to all that were subscribed once I get the problem figured out. Hopefully soon!
My old blog, Get Healthy with Heather, is expired and gone from the world of the internet. I still have tons of links going back to that site I need to redirect. If you are looking for an old recipe and can’t find it, or it takes you back to the old site, just shoot me an email or leave a comment and I’ll get you the link. Lots of things to fix up over here.