And just like that a week has flown by! I’ll be popping in a few more times this week with a few things lined up to share. But first, chocolate!
Last week I celebrated my 27th birthday. It was a pretty wonderful day. I taught two classes, got some great time in with the kiddos and Jacob set up an evening of kid-free shopping + beers out. Mid-week date nights are pretty great, especially when I get spoiled.
I made some treats to bring along to one of my classes. They were so simple and delicious I just had to share. And now looking at these pictures I wish they weren’t all gone!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Crisp Bars
Makes one 9×5 pan of bars
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips (or your favorite kind)
- 2 cups rice krispies (or your favorite puffed rice cereal)
- Heat the peanut butter and chocolate together in a medium pan over low heat. The chocolate doesn’t need to be completely melted, but most of it should be.
- Stir in the rice crispies then pour into a 9×5 pan lines with foil or parchment paper. Chill in the fridge until it hardens. Remove and cut into pieces with a sharp knife.
How do you celebrate your birthday? Normally we don’t do much for mine, but this year’s outing with the hubs was so fun!