Cookie Dough Nut Butter
Glad the Goliath Burger was a hit yesterday! I know we can’t wait to have it again. Once the sun comes out and the grill fires up we’ll be making them out there. I can assure you they’ll taste even better off a charcoal grill.
In the midst of the weekend I found myself with no nut butter on hand. I was out of peanut butter, almond butter was no where to be found and I was away from my food processor the majority of the time.
How I survived I’ll never know.
When I returned to my favorite kitchen appliance, I put it right to work.
I had a large bag of almonds on hand and a moderate amount of cashews. Instead of making 2 nut butters I combined them into 1. With a hint of vanilla and pinch of sea salt this almond-cashew butter was transformed into a cookie dough like heaven.
A spoonful of this chilled with a few chocolate chips is just as decadent as a spoonful of actual cookie dough.
Really, it was so good!
There wasn’t even any sweetener added in. The cashews are naturally a bit sweet and ultra creamy. What gives it the signature cookie dough taste is the vanilla. I was a bit heavy handed with the vanilla, but when you want vanilla, I say go for it.
No holding back.
You will not be disappointed. Make this right now and then you tell me. What does it remind you of?
Toasted Almond & Cashew Cookie Dough Butter
- 2 cups raw almonds
- 1 cup raw cashew pieces
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- Heat a large, dry skillet over medium-high heat. Add the nuts to the pan and toast for 8-10 minutes, until fragrant and lightly toasted. The cashews will be visibly toasted before the almonds.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes then add to the food processor. Run on high for 12-15 minutes, scrapping down the sides every few minutes. This taste a lot more patients then peanut butter making, but it’s worth it in the end.
- Once smooth add in the oil, vanilla and sea salt. Run on high for 1-2 more minutes. The vanilla takes away a bit of the smoothness, but adds to much wonderful vanilla flavor.
- Store in a glass jar. Refrigerate if you won’t use it all within 1-2 weeks.
Like what you read? Subscribe to the feed or by email to be the first with your hands on new healthy, budget friendly recipes, kitchen how-to’s, fitness tips and home workouts with some life and home balance thrown in there.
Leave a comment below or email me at email@example.com to connect, ask any questions or share your thoughts.