Hi there! We had a very merry Christmas in our house. How about you?
Hunter was definitely spoiled with lots of clothes and many new toys to play with.
And a bouncy red bull to ride.
I feel like there’s a toy overload upstairs now. Time to move a pile to the nursery for him to play with down there.
We had both sets of parents, 3 brothers, 1 sister and 1 nephew over. Not all at once, but still, I think that’s the most people we’ve had in our house at the same time. Thankfully it wasn’t too crowded. Cozy
I planned an easy meal to make on Christmas day, crockpot salsa verde pork. The selection for week 2 in my year of crockpot recipes.
I just threw the 5 ingredients in the crockpot when I woke up and it was waiting for me by the afternoon. A quick shred of the pork, prepping of the burrito fixings and lunch/dinner was served!
Crockpot Salsa Verde Pork
Recipe from Chef in Training
- 2 lbs pork sirloin or loin roast (I used pork butt roast)
- sea salt
- 1 (16 oz) jar Salsa Verde
- 1 (4 oz) can diced green chilies
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- Generously sprinkle salt all over pork roast. Place in slow cooker.
- Pour jar of Salsa Verde over pork roast. Next add the diced green chilies and sprinkle the cumin over top.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours.
- Shred pork and stir back into the sauce. Serve as a filling for tacos or burritos with your favorite toppings!
What I liked
- few ingredients with awesome flavor
- not too spicy
What I didn’t like
- it was a bit fatty, but that’s because I used a pork butt roast
Week 3 recipe: Cafe Rio Sweet Pork
This has been fun so far!
Hope you have a great weekend. We’re onto Christmas celebration #2 this weekend with my family. Should be fun!