I feel like I’ve been in a stage of denial with this pregnancy. Like I’ve got all the time in the world, which is why we’ve been procrastinating like crazy. Granted the holidays were a busy time, but honestly, I figured I would put preparations off until the new year, thinking I’d have tons of time. Now that January is here, I’m officially due in 6 1/2 weeks… eeekkkk! When I put it like that, it sure does not sound like a lot of time. So last night I began a bit of freezer meal planning for when she arrives. I haven’t actually made anything yet, but I’m at the first step: planning. Or should that be cleaning my freezer….???
I posted this pic to instagram + facebook and got a lot more ideas from people:
- potato soup
- breakfast pizzas
- pumpkin bread
- chicken tortilla soup
- meatballs & spaghetti sauce
- regular pizzas
- chicken chili Mac (minus the mac)
- teriyaki chicken
- split pea soup
- taco chili from skinnytaste
- healthy mac and cheese
- waikiki meatballs
I also have a whole section of freezer meals on my recipe page that I used when I was pregnant with Hunter. I don’t plan to make all of the things I did last time, but here are a few I’m considering.
Here’s my plan of attack.
- Finalize what meals I want to make.
- Clean out the freezer… I guess. 😉
- Incorporate one of the freezer meals into our dinner rotation and then make 1-2 extra meals of the same thing so that I’m not spending a whole day making freezer meals. So if I’m making quiche, I’ll make a couple extra at the same time and put them in the freezer instead of baking.
- Spend 1 or 2 Saturday mornings working on breakfasts like waffles and baked oatmeal for the freezer.
- Over the next 6-?? weeks I’ll slowly build a supply of dinners, breakfasts and snacks for when baby girl arrives.
While I’m working on planning the freezer meals, are there any that I just HAVE to include? Meals you made that froze and still tasted great? Please share links!
Today is a wonderful day… I’m heading out for an hour long massage soon. It’s been a while since I’ve laid on my stomach and the pregnancy pillow is calling my name. Happy weekend all!