healthy banana nut mini muffins (grain free, no added sugar)
The cutest and most delicious healthy banana nut mini muffins. Both grain free with no added sugar – naturally sweetened from bananas! These are all day muffins, not just reserved for dessert, so enjoy them when you please!
You guys, my taste buds are no longer normal like most of society. The other day Jacob and I tried a couple of cupcakes, and our mouths just hurt from the sugar! Does that ever happen to you?
I think it’s actually fantastic, because I am 100% happy with sweets that contain less sugar, or even NO added sugar. It’s better for health!
That’s why these healthy banana nut mini muffins, which are grain free with no added sugar, are just my favorite! They taste like a dessert, but all the sweetness comes from the ripe bananas. The mix of coconut flour and almond flour leave the banana nut mini muffins with a soft crumb and the pecans (or whatever nuts you choose to use) give a fun crunch. They are just the perfect one bite treat!
For years now I’ve been making a healthy no sugar banana cake (AKA baby’s first smash cake) for my kiddo’s first bithday party. It’s been a hit with you guys, and I love that it is still my #1 post on the blog. It tells me you guys also love to feed your littles no extra sugar – so this new recipe is an awesome alternative to that first no sugar banana cake, but a grain free option!
And now let’s just take a moment to remember what that little 1 year old Hunter looked like… at 5 1/2 he’s so much bigger now!
Maybe as the new year rolls around and the sugar commas are starting to dwindle, you need a healthy option to feel good about eating. One that won’t leave you with a sugar crash a couple of hours later. This is just what you need, because I know I need it as well! It wasn’t a whole months of sweets eating, but even just a few days leave me feeling very blah. Let’s refresh our taste buds with these mini muffins, yeah?
Happy baking guys!
Healthy Banana Nut Mini Muffins (grain free, no added sugar)
Makes about 30 mini muffins
- 4 medium ripe bananas
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (plus extra for coating mini muffin pans)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 almond flour
- 1/4 coconut flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped and divided
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat 3 mini muffin pans with melted coconut oil.
- In a large bowl mash the bananas until they are a soft consistency. Add the eggs, coconut oil and vanilla extract. Whisk.
- In a separate bowl add the almond flour, coconut flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, sea salt and 1/4 cup of the chopped pecans. Stir to combine, then pour into your banana mixture. Mix until combined.
- Fill mini muffin tins until almond to the top with batter.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes. The muffins are done once you stick a toothpick in it and it come out with a soft crumb instead of wet.
- Cool on a cooling rack, and once fully cool remove from the pan.
If you’re looking for new mini muffins tins, these wilton 24-cup mini muffin pans are the ones I use and really like, but if I was trading up I would totally trade up for these silicone 24-cup mini muffin pans since silicone makes it immensely easier to get baked goods out without extra stick. What are your favorite mini muffin pans?
Do you often bake with fruits to naturally sweeten your treats? Do mini foods bring you as much joy as they do to me?