mini meal: egg-hummus salad
One thing I’ve learned to rely on since having a baby are quick, easy snacks — or mink meals. It’s not that I don’t have time to make food (although sometimes it does seem like that!), I just have so much I like to cram into my ‘free’ time when Hunter’s napping that eating suddenly turned into a quick affair.
Making a big batch of protein packed egg salad was one of my go to mini meal this week.
Instead of mayo I subbed in hummus with a touch of nutritional yeast for an added cheezy flavor.
Make ahead meals like these will definitely be a weekly thing!
- 5 eggs, hard boiled
- 1/3 cup hummus
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp water
- 1/2 orange bell pepper, small diced
- 1/4 cup green onion, minced
- Pinch of sea salt and pepper
- Roughly chop the eggs and place in a bowl. Mix in the bell pepper and green onion. Stir in the hummus, nutritional yeast, water, sea salt and pepper until combined.
- Serve on crackerss, in between 2 slices of bread or wrapped up in a lettuce leaf.
What will the protein star be for next weeks quick and easy mini meal? Salmon, tuna, chicken… lentils? Wait and see!