Looking for a use for leftover shredded pork? Try this pineapple pork and potato sheet pan dinner!
Sheet pan dinners are time savers when it comes to dinner success. I love making a huge batch of crockpot pork carnitas during my meal prep day, then using the leftovers in so many different ways. I tripled the pork recipe last week (guys, I seriously cannot tell you how good the pork carnitas are!) and added it to my meal sized salads, eggs, and of course, tacos! Yes, I am completely obsessed, and now I have one new way to eat it more often with this pineapple pork and potato sheet pan dinner. You’re going to wanna hop right on this train, friends.
My pineapple pork and potato sheet pan dinner combines so many of my favorite things into one meal. If you follow me on Instagram, you likely often see my meal sized salad paired with potatoes. Potatoes are 100% one of my favorite carb sources, and the crispy potato bites are my go-to easy ways to prepare them.
Well for this dinner, we are starting out with the crispy potato bites, but before they are fully done in the oven, we toss in leftover pork carnitas (or whatever leftover shredded pork you have on hand) + freshly diced pineapple. The combo is perfection you guys! I started with a simple topping of cultured sour cream + minced cilantro, but then I added diced tomato + avocado on top as well. Go for your favorites!
I hope you enjoy this hawaiian inspired sheet pan dinner. The pineapples sweetens up even more in the oven and adds the perfect amount of juiciness and amazing flavor to each bite.
Pineapple Pork and Potato Sheet Pan Dinner
- 1 batch crispy potato bites (follow the recipe here)
- 3 cups leftover shredded pork (like this crockpot pork carnitas)
- 2 cups fresh pineapple, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup green onion, minced
- toppings: sour cream and minced cilantro
- Prepare your crispy potato bites (recipe linked above) but instead of using 1 baking sheet, use 2 baking sheets topped with parchment paper so they aren’t as full and get them into the oven.
- After 25 minutes in the oven, evenly distribute the pork, pineapple, red bell pepper and red onion over the potatoes. Return back to the oven for 10-15 more minutes to slightly crisp the pork, cook the bell pepper and onion, and warm everything together.
- Remove and top with green onion. Serve with your favorite toppings like sour cream + cilantro!
Pin the image below to save for later!
What is your favorite meat to prep ahead and use all week? Do you have a favorite sheet pan meal?
PS: Looking for MORE sheet pan meals? Check out my sheet pan chorizo breakfast hash. It’s perfect for breakfast OR dinner!