Sleeping in until 6:30am this morning was glorious. Yup that sure is sleeping in for me. No work for 5 more days! My thoughts on twitter last night about that…
I’m hoping Hunter knows how to listen to his mama. I actually had a dream about what he looked like last night. Brown eyes, brown hair, super sleepy looking and just adorable.
I’m loving all the guesses in yesterday’s post to how big he’ll be. Here are some of them so far:
Erica guesses 7 lbs 6 oz
Emily thinks he’ll be 8 1/2 lbs
Maryea is guessing 7 lbs 7 oz
Jentry is going for 7 lbs 3 oz
I’ve been thinking between 6-7 pounds, so my official guess is 6 lbs 10 oz… but we shall see! It’s so much fun thinking about that kind of stuff. All the unknowns of this exciting adventure we’re about to embark on.
Now onto something that is a known. Olive oil granola is amazing.
The thought of olive oil in your granola might sound a little weird, but trust me, it’s not. Olive oil + maple syrup and brown rice syrup and all the add ins [pistachio, hemp seed, almond, coconut, dried fig, dried currant, dried apricot] makes it amazing!
This recipe made a BIG batch of granola. Most of which I mailed out to a couple sweet ladies earlier in the week. You can’t see too many big clusters in these pictures because, a) I ate most of them straight from the pan and b) they got mailed out. But the bottom of the bag is still delish!
Granola is one of those things I don’t keep on hand too often, mainly because I can’t keep my hands out of it. When I do make it, I sure love it.
You will love this recipe too!
Sweet n Salty Olive Oil Granola
Adapted from preventionrd
Makes about 9 cups
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup pistachios, hulled and roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup large unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/3 cup dried currants
- 1/3 cup dried apricots, diced
- 1/3 cup dried figs, diced
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup brown rice syrup**
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup natural cane sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 egg white
- Preheat oven to 300 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment or tin foil and spray with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, pistachios, hemp seed, almonds, coconut, and fruit; mix well until combined. Add in the maple syrup, olive oil, sugar, salt, and cinnamon; toss until evenly combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg white until it becomes frothy and foamy (1-2 minutes). Mix into the granola mixture.
- Distribute the mixture out in an even layer. Bake for 45 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes, to get evenly browned.
- Remove from heat and let cool completely. As it cools, it will begin to harden and form into one large piece.
- Once it is cooled, using your hands, break up the granola into clusters of your desired size.
**you can use all maple syrup like the original recipe called for instead of the combo of maple + brown rice syrup. I just ran out of maple syrup and improvised!
It’s good straight off the pan, or soaked in milk. Delicious!
How long does granola usually last in your house? Not very long here. Cereal and granola in general are usually gone in a flash.
I’m headed out to get the tires rotated on the Jeep soon, and since it’s raining I won’t be able to bring Joe and walk him. Major bummer. Then tons of cleaning around the house, lunch with some friends and the chiro. Looking forward to today!
Maybe a baby…. tomorrow I’m due!