Good morning! How are you all doing? A big welcome to all the new readers from yesterday! Secret Recipe Club reveal day is always so much fun, not only because it’s fun to surprise a blogger with my pick (plus I get to be surprised), but I also get to discover a whole bunch of new blogs.
Do you remember when I meal planned for an entire month? Well I’ve made it more than half way through my list (a couple more have been marked off since this picture).
I’ve also gone rogue and not cooked off my meal plan. Sometimes I just don’t feel like making what I’ve planned, but mostly I’ve been lazy about grocery shopping which means I’ll either modify based on what I have on hand, or make something different. Last night I went with something different – thai peanut chicken pasta.
I’ve been going through old post and updating the links + reinserting pictures that have disappeared. While doing that I’ve rediscovered some recipes from the past. One in I was super excited to find again was my thai peanut chicken wrap. Peanut sauce is where it’s at. While I didn’t have any wraps on hand, I did have whole wheat spaghetti. And with that, the pasta dish with peanut sauce was created.
Thai Peanut Chicken Pasta
Inspired by thai peanut chicken wrap
- 2 chicken breasts, grilled and chopped
- 12 ounces whole wheat pasta
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 white onion, sliced (although green onion would be great here too!)
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- peanut sauce – recipe below
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Add the oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add in the bell pepper and onion. Saute for 5-7 minutes until soft. Add a pinch of sea salt here if desired.
- Make your peanut sauce while the veggies are cooking. Once soft, add in chicken to heat through.
- Once the pasta is done cooking, reserve 1/2 cup pasta water. Drain remaining liquid from the pasta, and add it to the pan with the veggies and chicken. Pour peanut sauce and pasta water over the pasta. Toss to coat everything, then sprinkle the sesame seeds over.
makes a little less than 1 cup
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup creamy natural peanut butter (mine had a little sea salt in it)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce, low sodium
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- a squirt of sriracha
- In a microwave safe bowl combine the water, peanut butter and soy sauce. Heat on high for 1 minute, then whisk to combine.
- Whisk in the remaining ingredients. The sauce will thicken up naturally after a couple minutes, so make sure to let it sit for a few before serving.
We all devoured multiple servings.
Are you a fan of coconut oil? Recently I became an affiliate with Nutiva. Today they are running a Tuesday organic crazy deal. Here’s what you get for $19.99:
The sale ends tomorrow morning at 9am. I’m stocking up on my coconut oil. I need it for my PB coconut no bake bars I’ve been making like crazy. If you end up ordering from Nutiva, I’d love it if you used my link!
Lastly, the Chobani Champions giveaway is still running through Friday. Make sure to enter and win some yummy yogurt!
Are you a fan of peanut sauce? It’s pretty much my favorite thing. Happy Tuesday all!