Did I ever tell you about the time I caught a whole chicken on fire? Well… I came back from a fantastic trip to Seattle with the fam where my uncle taught me how to spatchcock a chicken, which allows it to lay open and flat to cook more evenly and quickly. The chicken he barbecued was AMAZING! I left inspired and ready to spatchcock and barbecue my own whole chicken on our barbecue we finally bought this summer (it had been almost 3 years without one!).
I did it. Chicken prep went smoothly. I got the spatchcocked chicken grilling, and then not 5 minutes later the whole thing was up in flames! Smoke was everywhere and my what-should-have-been beautiful chicken was black and went into the garbage instead of our stomachs. Waa waaaaaa.
It was not a winner and I have yet tried it since. Although that was a fail, I have still been grilling A TON. Food is just so dang good off the barbecue, riiiiiiight?
Burgers, (non whole) chicken, pork and salmon have been our go-tos this summer and since our barbecue is covered we plan to keep on grilling all fall and winter long! I just love the clean up (which is easy peasy) and how everything tastes 1,000,000x better. #truth.
Burger salads for the win!
This summer we deemed Friday nights burger night and it was my favorite! I had buns maybe once or twice, but I LOVE a good burger salad! A lettuce salad base, extra other veggie toppings and a burger patty. Give me a ton of crispy potato bites or old bay potato wedges + kefir ranch dressing and I am in heaven. Heaven! I cannot get enough of that combo and am gladly going to keep it going. We’ve made tons of flavor variations over the past couple of months, and to keep the inspiration for myself going, along with inspiration for you, I’m rounding up 50 delicious burger recipes!
There are burgers for meat lovers, and a whole lotta variety in there, along with meat free veggie burger options. Grab a recipe and get some burger(salads) in yo belly!
50 burger recipe roundup for every preference
- Umami mushroom beef burgers
- Pineapple beef burger with spicy sriracha mayo
- Avocado burgers
- Queso cheese burgers with avocado and pico de gallo
- Curried beef burgers
- French onion soup burger
- Elvis burger
- Spinach, feta and sun-dried tomato burgers
- Mozzarella mushroom burgers
- Portobello and swiss cheese burgers
- Coffee rubbed burgers
- Whiskey blue cheese burger
- Jalapeno popper burger
- Hatch chile pineapple salsa turkey burgers
- Buffalo turkey burgers
- Spicy turkey and zucchini burgers
- Roasted garlic basil turkey burgers
- Sweet potato turkey burgers
- Turkey avocado burgers
- Cheddar stuffed turkey burgers
- Chili lime turkey burgers
- Thai turkey burgers
- Cheddar jalapeno chicken burgers
- Rosemary brie chicken burgers
- Greek chicken burgers
- Buffalo chicken burgers
- Grilled honey chili chicken burgers
- Spinach and avocado chicken burgers
- Lemongrass pork burgers
- Spanish pork burgers
- Pork and apple burger
- Grilled pineapple pork burgers
- Asian pork burgers
Meat free veggie burgers
- BBQ cheddar chickpea veggie burger
- Curried pumpkin black bean burgers
- Greek black bean burgers
- Sweet potato and black bean burgers
- White bean pizza burgers
- Smoky tempeh black bean burgers
- Pesto white bean burgers
- Falafel burgers
- Spicy vegan celeriac pinto bean burgers
- Sweet potato burgers
- Beet and black bean burgers
- Chunky portabella veggie burgers
- Double bean spinach feta burger
- Spicy black bean and sweet potato burgers
What is your all time favorite burger recipe? Have you ever caught a chicken on fire? Any other barbecuing disasters out there?