Buffalo chicken salad has all the amazing buffalo wing flavors going on, but veggified into salad form! Add this recipe to your weekly meal plan and you will be loving every bite with the buffalo ranch dressing!
Chicken is such a great protein to prep ahead. I just LOVE the versatility and how you can transform the flavors so simply. That’s just what we’re doing today with this buffalo chicken salad!
I first made this salad when we had company over and it got rave reviews! I served it along side old bay potato wedges and dinner was a smashing success. It’s so perfect because you can prep all your components ahead of time, then toss together right before serving. That is my ideal recipe for entertaining! No fussing while entertaining. I am all about easy and this recipe bring that.
And it tastes so good! My children devour it. I’ve played with the ranch/buffalo ratios and find that 2-3 tbsp of buffalo sauce with 1/2 cup of kefir ranch doesn’t get too spicy for their little taste buds. You can totally UP the buffalo sauce factor though and add as much heat as you like!
Buffalo chicken flavors with so much extra vegetable goodness – this is the perfect flavor filled salad you guys!
Buffalo Chicken Salad
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 head lettuce (romaine or red leaf) chopped
- 4 ribs of celery diced
- 4 carrots peeled then grated
- 1 cup grape tomatoes quartered
- 2 green onions diced
- 4 ounces blue cheese crumbles
- 1/2 cup kefir ranch dressing
- 2-4 tbsp buffalo sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Add the chicken breasts to a baking pan. Toss in avocado oil and sprinkle with sea salt and pepper..
- Bake for 30-40 minutes (flipping after 20 minutes), or until your chicken is fully cooked through (test with a food thermometer or cut one in half to check for doneness). Allow to cool slightly, then cut into bite sized pieces.
- In a large bowl add the lettuce, celery, grated carrot, tomatoes, green onion and blue cheese.
- Make your buffalo dressing by combining 1/2 cup kefir ranch with 2-4 tbsp buffalo sauce (add more for your spicy preference!)
- Add the chicken to the salad, pour 1/3 cup dressing over and toss everything to combine. Add more dressing if needed.
- Serve with your favorite side – I LOVE old bay potato wedges as a side to my dinner salads!
Are you a buffalo sauce fan? Would you UP the spicy factor here, or keep it more mellow?