I love homemade burgers, and if you do too you’re in for a treat with all of these healthy burger recipes! You’ll find more than 50 burger recipes here, and there’s something for everyone. Whether you’re looking for a beef burger, chicken burger, ground turkey burger, burgers made with black beans, or so many other combos, it’s all here!
Healthy burger recipes
Burgers are a go-to in our house because everyone can build them into what they’d like.
You can customize the toppings and make delicious burgers everyone will love.
You can turn them into burger bowls, or make a low-carb burger with a lettuce wrap.
A juicy burger is always a good idea!
Burger salads for the win!
Over the summers we deem Friday night our burger night and it’s my favorite!
I go for the buns sometimes, but I LOVE a good burger salad!
I cannot get enough of that combo and am gladly going to keep it going.
We’ve made tons of flavor variations over the past couple of months, and to keep the inspiration for myself going, along with inspiration for you, I’m rounding up so many tasty burgers!
There are burgers for meat lovers, and a whole lotta variety in there, along with meat-free veggie burger options.
Grab a recipe and get some burger (salads) in yo belly!
Pro tips when making these healthy burger recipes
Your ground meat of choice will make this a healthier version.
Choose lean ground meat like turkey or ground chicken or a lighter burger.
Or opt for extra lean ground beef for lean beef burgers.
Choose your bun and make it extra healthy by finding a bun with more fiber: whole-wheat buns are great, or make lettuce cups and have a veggie-forward perfect burger.
Healthy burger recipes
Make these beef burgers as lean or indulgent as you’d like. Find high-quality beef (grass-fed beef if that’s important to you!) to use.
Great on an outdoor grill and will leave you with juicy patties!
- Umami mushroom beef burgers
- Mini beef sliders (buns are made with sweet potatoes)
- Pineapple beef burger with spicy sriracha mayo
- Avocado burgers
- Queso cheese burgers with avocado and pico de gallo
- Curried beef burgers
- French onion soup burger
- Elvis burger
- Spinach, feta and sun-dried tomato burgers
- Mozzarella mushroom burgers
- Whiskey blue cheese burger
- Jalapeno popper burger
Light and fresh, a good turkey burger recipe works really well on a grill pan and baked in the oven.
- BBQ turkey burgers
- Hatch chile pineapple salsa turkey burgers
- Buffalo turkey burgers
- Spicy turkey and zucchini burgers
- Roasted garlic basil turkey burgers
- Sweet potato turkey burgers
- Turkey avocado burgers
- Cheddar stuffed turkey burgers
- Chili lime turkey burgers
- Thai turkey burgers
Have you tried cooking chicken burgers in a cast iron skillet? If not, it’s a great indoor cooking option!
- Healthy chicken burgers
- Cheddar jalapeno chicken burgers
- Rosemary brie chicken burgers
- Greek chicken burgers
- Buffalo chicken burgers
- Grilled honey chili chicken burgers
- Spinach and avocado chicken burgers
These easy recipes are so flavorful and a fun twist from your traditional hamburgers.
- Lemongrass pork burgers
- Spanish pork burgers
- Pork and apple burger
- Grilled pineapple pork burgers
- Asian pork burgers
Healthy burgers recipe featuring lamb! These make a delicious dinner.
Meat free veggie burgers
A veggie burger can definitely be an easy burger recipe. By adding extra flavor to the veggie patties you’ll find an easy way to get the best results.
- BBQ cheddar chickpea veggie burger
- Curried pumpkin black bean burgers
- Greek black bean burgers
- Sweet potato and black bean burgers
- White bean pizza burgers
- Smoky tempeh black bean burgers
- Pesto white bean burgers
- Falafel burgers
- Spicy vegan celeriac pinto bean burgers
- Sweet potato burgers
- Beet and black bean burgers
- Chunky portabella veggie burgers
- Double bean spinach feta burger
- Spicy black bean and sweet potato burgers
What to serve with these healthy burger recipes
A delicious healthy burger recipe is always made better with the perfect sides. Here are 6 favorite healthy eating burger sides.
Need more ideas? Check out healthy side dishes for sandwiches for even more side dish inspo.
- Crispy sweet potato fries with chipotle mayo
- Crispy potato bites
- Healthy baked kale chips
- Tomato and avocado salad with grilled corn
- Best broccoli salad recipe
- Avocado mango salad
What are some of your favorite healthy burger recipes? If you try any of these, I’d love to hear about them! Leave a comment below and tell me what you thought 🙂
Originally published September 2018. Updated July 2022.