Healthy Spinach Artichoke Dip
Get ready to dip your favorite veggies or crackers in this healthy spinach artichoke dip! Veggie loaded with tons of spinach and artichoke, plus extra protein from the use of yogurt. You'll want this dip around not only for parties, but weeknight meals.
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp onion finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- 1 10-ounce pack frozen spinach thawed, drained, and chopped (I used the pre-chopped kind)
- 1 14.5-ounce can artichoke hearts drained and chopped
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese room temperature
- 1/4 + 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
Heat a small pot over medium heat, and add the olive oil and then add onions. Cook on low for several minutes, or until onions begin to turn translucent.
Add the garlic and continue cooking for 2-3 more minutes. Add spinach and artichokes and continue cooking for 2-3 more minutes.
Add in the yogurt, cream cheese, and 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese. Stir until well combined.
Transfer the mixture to an oven safe dish and top with the remaining 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese. Bake for 15-20 minutes until bubbly.