LIGHTENED UP SPINACH, ARTICHOKE AND BACON EGG MUFFINS
Breakfast bites full of vegetables and a healthy dose of protein. Start your morning right with these lightened up spinach, artichoke and bacon egg muffins!
- 9 egg whites
- 4 whole eggs
- 1.5 cups frozen chopped spinach (measured pre-thaw) – defrost then squeeze excess liquid out
- 2 tbsp green onion diced
- 1/4 cup milk (I used unsweetened almond milk)
- 1/2 cup artichoke hearts chopped
- 4 pieces of bacon cooked and diced
- 1/3 cup finely shredded parmesan
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Oil a 12 muffin pan.
In a bowl add the egg whites and whole eggs. Give it a quick stir to break the egg yolks. Add the spinach, green onion, milk, artichoke hearts, 3/4 of the diced bacon, parmesan, sea salt and pepper. Stir to fully combine.
Divide equally into 12 muffin tins. Sprinkle remaining bacon pieces on top. Bake for 20 minutes. The eggs will be set and puffed up when you remove the egg muffins from the oven.