I’ve totally fallen off the ‘share my weekly meal plan’ wagon. Weekends away from home get me off routine. Last weekend we were very much at home though (and didn’t do much of anything -it was glorious), so I’m back with it again! I’m already a couple days into this meal plan, but wanted to share all of it anyways.
Sunday: herb-roasted whole chicken with carrots, red onion and a side of quinoa
Monday: creamy cheddar broccoli bean soup (recipe below) and homemade whole wheat olive oil bread sticks
Tuesday: whole wheat mac n cheese
Wednesday: salmon quinoa cakes and peaches
Thursday: chicken and zucchini pasta salad
Sunday I roasted a whole chicken, and it turned out beautifully! Must.do.more.often.
Last night I made the most filling soup. I’m sure the pile of bread sticks I devoured helped fill up my belly too. Hunter was quick with the spoon (hence the blur) and even learned to dunk his bread stick in the soup for easier soup eating.
It’s a family favorite made creamy from the blended beans. More fiber, protein and fullness! Plus, look at all that broccoli! Great way to get in veggies.
Grab a spoon, or bread stick, and join in!
Creamy Cheddar Broccoli Bean Soup
Makes about 6 servings
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 large red onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 broccoli crowns, chopped
- 3.5 cups liquid (I used 2 cups chicken broth, 1.5 water, but use whatever portions you have of chicken broth – more gives more flavor)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- In a large pot over medium heat add the olive oil and onion. Saute for 5-8 minutes, until the onions are soft. Add in the garlic for 1 minutes, then all of the broccoli. Pour liquid over and bring to a boil. Add in sea salt and pepper. Cover with a lid and allow to steam for 8-10 minutes, or until broccoli is tender.
- Add beans to pot for 1 minute to warm. Turn off heat. In batches blend in a blender, along with portions of the cheese to incorporate all the cheese. Return to pot to stir all the blended soup together.
What’s on your meal plan for this week? Is it soup weather where you live? It sure is here! A little chill with random sprinkles and rain coming down.
Previous meal plan posts (lots of meal inspiration!):
PS: cookbook giveaway still going on!