See where it all started…
Very messy and never seemed to get as clean as it should be.
Boring and bare.
Yes, that’s a butt on the towel….
Color up on the wall and wainscoting added in.
Tile was laid.
Then BAM, it was done (1 week later)!
No more boring and bare walls. Now we have ‘bathroom’ pictures in here. Jacob had a great idea to find old pictures of us when we were little in the bathroom — him being bathed in a sink and me going to the bathroom, reading a book upside down. We plan to add our little ones in here too!
The actual color looks most like the two pictures above where the blue walls are first shown. My lighting was a little off last night.
Here’s what was changed
- pedestal sink
- light fixture
- towel bar
- pictures on the wall
- shower rod
- shower curtain
- toilet paper holder
- garbage can
- wall storage – moved from upstairs bathroom (you can kind of see it in the mirror’s reflection)
- glass soap dish/dispenser/holders
- full length mirror behind door – moved from another room and painted black
Here’s what’s left to do
- Build/buy standing storage
- Buy an old glass knobs for hand towel
- Buy new mat for bathroom
- Seal the grout
Here’s the mat I’m eying that I hope World Market has in store so I don’t have to order it online…
I really wanted a round bath mat and they have one… plus it looks old which is cool!
Where we really saved money
- pedestal sink – free from my parents bathroom remodel — it has been sitting in our house for at least 2 years waiting for us to remodel the downstairs bathroom!
- mirror – $6 from goodwill — was gold and painted white
- light fixture – $10 find at the rebuilding center that we pieced together– used doesn’t mean bad
- Jacob doing the work – I’m lucky he’s so handy so we didn’t have to pay someone else to do the labor
It feels so good to have a clean and pretty bathroom downstairs now. We really love it.
Up next… repaint the downstairs hallway and add shelving/storage then remodel the upstairs bathroom. We’ll see how soon that all happens!
Remodeling is fun 🙂
Have you done any remodeling (big or little) lately? Are you as glad as me that it’s Wednesday? We’re half way through folks!