This homemade lemon rosemary sea salt is not only unique and a delicious addition to cooking, it makes the perfect DIY gift to share with mamas for the quickly approaching Mother’s Day, or any day to just say “you’re special”.
I love to DIY gifts and this homemade seasoned sea salt is a SIMPLE and delicious gift to give! I actually made these cute little jars of homemade lemon rosemary sea salt to gift at Christmas, but knew they would make an awesome homemade mother’s day gift as well! So if you’re looking for a fun, unique and easy little gift to give, make a batch of this lemon rosemary sea salt.
And yes, you can totally make this for yourself too!
Why use sea salt
Sea salt is made from evaporated water, which can leave behind trace minerals and elements. The minerals can add flavor and color to the sea salt (like the pink that I used). I’ve been using sea salt for years and love the taste over table salt. Typically I buy a large container form Costco, but I also love Real Salt because it’s so dang tasty!
Whatever salt you choose to use, get it made into lemon rosemary sea salt. My favorite use is on beef and seafood, but I would love to hear how you use it!
Homemade Lemon Rosemary Sea Salt
- 1 cup sea salt (I used Himalayan pink sea salt which gave my sea salt a pink tint!)
- 1 lemon, zested
- 2 tbsp fresh rosemary, minced
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F. Combine all ingredients together in a bowl. Spread the sea salt evenly on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, stir once half way through. The lemon zest will dry out as it bakes to allow for safe storage.
- Allow to cool fully before storing in mason jars. Remember to grab the free cute labels to print and add!
What are some of your favorite homemade gifts to share on Mother’s Day? Do you have a favorite type of salt you use?