Happy Monday morning all!
I just have to start out by telling you that every comment I received over the weekend just filled me with joy. Really. I could not believe all the love I got and just wanted to say thank you all so very much. I’m excited to share the journey here and even more excited to experience it.
If you’re catching up from the weekend make sure to check out what you missed…
the VERY VERY special announcement (heather=bun in oven)
I have a feeling this week is going to fly by. Maybe I’m just excited for my weekend of body pump training, or maybe I’m just always excited for weekend. Whatever it is, it’s gunna be a good one.
Today we have to talk about something that is good. I mean really good.
Cookies sure were a great invention huh? Hand held treats you can grab and go. They’re sweetly addictive and a rewarding bite.
Today is Secret Recipe Club reveal date and I was very excited to secret scour around It’s Yummy to My Tummy. Heather has soooo many delicious looking treats. She cooks and bakes for her family, feeding her kiddos. She has a lot of yummy looking goodies, but her 3 ingredient peanut butter cookies were calling my name once I saw then.
Heather – Heather – make me – eat me.
Haha okay kinda creepy.
Just 3 ingredients… really? Both my husband and mother were skeptical when I was putting together these cookies. I had faith and Jacob was pleasantly surprised and excited that it only takes 3 ingredients (he can make them!).
The original recipe calls for 1 cup peanut butter, 1 cup white sugar and 1 egg. I knew I could cut the sugar way down, so first I beat together the 1 cup peanut butter (natural with just a touch of salt) and 1/2 cup natural cane sugar. After it was mixed up nicely I tasted it to see if it was sweet. There was a slight sweetness so I added the egg in, make cookies and baked.
I was SO happy with the taste of the cookies. Since there was no flour in there to stabilize the cookie, it does crumble easily, but we had no problem with that. They are very soft and I cannot get over how tasty!
3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
Adapted from here
- 1 cup natural peanut butter, creamy or chunky (the kind with a touch of salt)
- 1/2 cup natural cane sugar
- 1 large egg
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a standing mixer or a large bowl with handheld mixers (or even just a spoon), add the peanut butter and sugar. Mix until fully combined. Now is where you can taste to see if you want more sugar, or start with less to reduce it and taste.
- Add in the egg. Mix until combined.
- Drop mounds of cookie dough on an ungreased baking sheet. Using a fork press into the cookies to make an X for a classic peanut butter cookie look.
- Bake for 6-10 minutes, depending on how small or large you make your cookies. I made 14 cookies and baked them for 8 minutes.
- Allow to cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack.
You will make people around you very happy with these cookies. That includes YOU.