my go to lunch lately
When I meal plan, I typically don’t give breakfast or lunch much thought. Breakfast is always oats, eggs and toast or a banana-egg-oat pancake (like today!). Dinner is planned out. Lunch – fly by the seat of my pants. If we have left overs I’ll go for those, but we don’t always.
This week my go to lunch has been quesadillas. It’s nothing new or monumental. Cheese heated in between 2 tortillas. However, I do try to throw a little something special into them making a plain old quesadilla fantastic.
Salsa Veggie Quesadilla
- 2 whole wheat tortillas
- 2-3 handfuls shredded mozzarella (about 2/3 – 1 cup)
- 2-3 tbsp salsa (I used mango salsa)
- 1/4 cup diced, boiled yam or sweet potato
- 1/4 cup diced avocado
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat. Lay 1 tortilla down, then half the cheese followed by salsa, yam, avocado, remaining cheese and top with the second tortilla.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes, until the bottom is golden. Flip and toast the second side (another 2-4 minutes).
- Allow to cool for a few minutes, then slice and enjoy!
This ‘recipe’ is more of a method than anything. Ingredient measurements are guesstimates and you can swap in or out whatever you like. Just wanted to share my meal with anyone in a lunch rut!
The great thing about this meal is that Hunter ate with me. Instead of him having the quesadilla too, he ate some of the fillings – avocado and yam. No extra prep on my end for that one!
I’m off to teach cycle then we’re going to swim!
Have a great day!