Meet my favorite healthy pancake recipe – banana egg oatmeal pancakes! Just 3 simple ingredients transform into a balanced, delicious, and oh-so kid-friendly breakfast option. If you’ve got some ripe bananas around, mash ’em up, grab some eggs and oatmeal and let’s make some pancakes!
3 Ingredient Banana Oatmeal Pancakes
Have I ever shared how many bananas our family goes through? I buy at least 30 every time I go to the grocery store… and that’s multiple times a week. We love to eat them as a snack, but also to use in our cooking. Like in these breakfast pancakes!
I love these 3 ingredient banana oatmeal pancakes because they’re so dang easy to make (my kids can make them!), everyone loves them and I can customize them by adding cocoa powder in one day, or blueberries into the batter. But most of the time, I make them just the way they are because it’s a long-standing favorite. And why mess with a good thing??
Reasons to love bananas
I could write a love letter to bananas, but instead, I’ll share some 3 reasons to love bananas.
- Bananas add natural sweetness to recipes. It’s one of my favorite natural sweeteners to use.
- Bananas are loaded with the mineral potassium.
- Bananas give you fiber which can aid in digestion.
- Bonus reason – they’re so portable and easy to pack along for a kid-friendly snack!
Do you have extra ripe bananas lying around? Try these favorite banana recipes!
- No added sugar banana cake
- Banana zucchini buckwheat pancakes
- Peanut butter raisin banana breakfast cookies
- Banana custard oatmeal
- Healthy banana nut mini muffins
Ingredients in 3 ingredient banana oatmeal pancakes
How to make banana egg oatmeal pancakes
- Mash the bananas fully. Whisk in the eggs. Stir in the oats.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat (or set an electric skillet to 350 degrees F). Add coconut oil and cook pancakes for about 4 minutes on the first side, and 2-3 minutes on the second.
- Repeat with the remaining batter.
Watch the oaty banana pancakes recipe below!
Banana egg oatmeal pancakes
Ready to make your oaty banana pancakes dream come true? Gather your ingredients and let’s make some pancakes!
Don’t forget your peanut butter drizzle!
Banana Egg Oatmeal Pancakes
- To make the batter mash the bananas fully. Next, whisk in the eggs. Stir in the oats until combined.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat (or set an electric skillet to 350 degrees F). Add 1 tsp coconut oil. Pour 1/4 cup batter for each pancake and cook pancakes for about 4 minutes on the first side, then flip and cook another 2-3 minutes on the second. Repeat with remaining batter.
Did you try this recipe? If so, I would love it if you left a comment and recipe rating below letting me know how they turned out!
*Originally published in April 2012. Updated March 2021.*