Meet my favorite healthy pancake recipe – banana egg oatmeal pancakes! Just 3 simple ingredients transform into a balanced, delicious and oh-so kid friendly breakfast option. If you’ve got some ripe bananas around, mash em up, grab some eggs and oatmeal and let’s make some pancakes!
Have I ever shared how many bananas our family goes through? I buy at least 30 every time I go to the grocery store… and that’s multiple times a week. We love to eat them as a snack, but also to use in our cooking. Like in these breakfast pancakes!
I love these 3 ingredient banana egg oatmeal pancakes because they’re so dang easy to make (my kids can make them!), everyone loves them and I can customize them by adding cocoa powder in one day, or blueberries into the batter. But most of the time, I make them just the way they are because it’s a long standing favorite. And why mess with a good thing??
Reasons to love bananas
I could write a love letter to bananas, but instead, I’ll share some 3 reasons to love bananas.
- Bananas add natural sweetness to recipes. It’s one of my favorite natural sweeteners to use.
- Bananas are loaded with the mineral potassium.
- Bananas give you fiber which can aid in digestion.
- Bonus reason – they’re so portable and easy to pack along for a kid friendly snack!
Do you have extra ripe bananas lying around? Try these favorite banana recipes!
- No added sugar banana cake
- Banana zucchini buckwheat pancakes
- Peanut butter raisin banana breakfast cookies
- Banana custard oatmeal
- Healthy banana nut mini muffins
Ingredients in 3 ingredient banana pancakes
- ripe bananas
- rolled oats
- coconut oil (for cooking)
How to make banana egg oatmeal pancakes
- Mash the bananas fully. Whisk in the eggs. Stir in the oats.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat (or set an electric skillet to 350 degrees F). Add coconut oil and cook pancakes for about 4 minutes on the first side, and 2-3 minutes on the second.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
Banana egg oatmeal pancakes
Ready to make your banana pancake breakfast dreams come true? Gather your ingredients and let’s make some pancakes!
Banana Egg Oatmeal Pancakes
- 4 ripe bananas
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup rolled oats
- coconut oil (for cooking)
- To make the batter mash the bananas fully. Next, whisk in the eggs. Stir in the oats until combined.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat (or set an electric skillet to 350 degrees F). Add 1 tsp coconut oil. Pour 1/4 cup batter for each pancake and cook pancakes for about 4 minutes on the first side, then flip and cook another 2-3 minutes on the second. Repeat with remaining batter.
What are your thoughts on a 3 ingredient pancake? Have you tried this recipe? If so, leave a comment and recipe rating below and let me know how they turned out!
*Originally published in April 2012. Updated February 2020.*