I’m so sad our weather forecast looks like this…
For so many days we had warm weather and sunshine. But, I guess in Washington I should know it won’t last long. It is only May after all.
While I don’t look forward to the rain much, I do look forward to this week.
- I’m due on Friday (WHOO!!)
- It’s my last week of work (haven’t decided if it’ll be Wed, Thurs or Fri yet)
- Final Bradley class (we made it all the way through!)
So although I’m sad the weekend is almost over, my days of work week –> weekend will soon be gone… every day will be the weekend Definitely a good thing to look forward to.
And with the warmer weather promising to return (right?????), I have more smoothies to look forward to this summer.
Green smoothies at that. Since my CSA brings me greens galore, I’ve been finding ways to eat them left and right. The spinach almost exclusively makes it into smoothies. And that’s what happened here.
Orange and mango is a favorite flavor combo in our house. Typically when I buy OJ, I love to get the Simple Orange – orange mango variety. We also love the mango lemonade, it comes with a nice tang to it.
While I didn’t have that particular OJ on hand, I did have fresh, perfectly ripe mango and a jug of OJ. Even better!
Green Orange Mango Banana Smoothie
Serves 2 regular sized smoothies, or 1 gigantic smoothie
- 1 mango, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 banana, frozen and chopped
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 tbsp protein powder (I used plain brown rice protein powder here)
- 3-4 cups fresh spinach
- 1 cup ice
- Combine all ingredients except the ice in a high speed blender. Run on high for 1-2 minutes. Add in the ice and blend until perfectly smooth.
My glass was definitely not big enough for this smoothie. I kept going back for more. The green scared Jacob away… so it was all mine!
How’s your weekend going? Once the hubs is up it’s dog walking time + church this morning. I should also plant the rhubarb my mom gave me before the rain begins… I should 😉