I like chocolate, yes I do!
I like chocolate, how bout you?
Oh, of course you do!
How was your Christmas? Our weekend was wonderful, but definitely flew by. We received so many great gifts, more than we could have expected or asked for. Most everything is still in bags on the couch, but I’ll definitely be sharing the cute baby things we got.
The one item we already got set up?
Our new coffee maker. It makes single serving cups (large or small), but you don’t have to use those little pods of coffee. Nope, you just put your own ground coffee in the scoop/bucket, add your water and it brews! I usually make coffee around 5-6am, but Jacob doesn’t get up and coffee until at least an hour or two later. Now we can both have fresh coffee.
Love it. 🙂
He was pretty excited about that gift.
The next item to get set up is the waffle maker – expect to see some new waffles in the near future!
Most years I do A TON of Christmas baking, but this year it got away from me. The only day I really had some time to bake was on Christmas Eve, but we spent that day relaxing. So instead of baking, I no-baked!
I have an abundance of pretzels in the house that will probably last another year. Time to put them to good use in sweet treats.
These balls are the same as my chocolate covered peanut butter cookie dough balls, but with a little twist. A pretzel twist. Instead of the oat flour, I replaced it with pretzel flour. Just grind those pretzels into a flour!
The added salt from the pretzels was a nice touch. Topping with even more pretzel dust reminds me of snow lightly falling on the ground. We have yet to get any snow here, so I guess these will have to do!
Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Pretzel Cookie Dough Balls
Makes 20-30, depending on the size you make them
Adapted from chocolate covered peanut butter cookie dough balls
- 1 cup natural peanut butter
- ⅙ cup pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup pretzel flour + extra for dusting [pretzels that have been ground into a flour] (maybe more maybe less depending on how liquidy your peanut butter is)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- In a small pot over medium-low heat, stir together the peanut butter and maple syrup. Once the mixture has softened, turn it off and stir in the pretzel flour and vanilla until fully mixed.
- Over a double boiler (I use a pot filled with an inch of water + a glass bowl), heat the chocolate chips until melted. Once melted, form your pb dough into balls – a little more than a tablespoon at a time, and roll into the chocolate. Place the chocolate covered dough balls on a foil covered plate. Dust with extra pretzel flour. Allow to cool. Once all are made harden in the fridge.
- Keep in the fridge to ensure the chocolate stays hard.
I made them much small this time which made it easy for me to eat 1 2 3 very quickly. They’re just so tasty!
While I made about 30 of them, I gave all but 5 away in little Christmas goodie bags. Helps me with my own portion control. 🙂
Enjoy your Monday in post Christmas bliss. I’ll be back with another salad tomorrow. Not your average salad either.
How was your Christmas? Did you already break into any of your gifts?
Like what you read? Subscribe to the feed or by email to be the first with your hands on new healthy, budget friendly, recipes, pregnancy updates, kitchen how-to’s, hikes, fitness tips and home workouts with some life and home balance thrown in there.
Leave a comment below or email me at email@example.com to connect, ask any questions or share your thoughts.