In episode 29 of Fit Mama Real Food Radio I am joined by Dr. Glenn Livingston, Ph.D. for a conversation around the psychology of eating and food addiction. He has a unique approach that helps his patients finds a pause button in their eating patterns, when they no longer have control of their eating habits and addictions to foods.
Fit Mama Real Food Radio is a weekly podcast where I’ll be sharing insights, education and inspiration focused on living a happy and healthy life. I’ll be chatting about food, fitness, motherhood and mindset.
The psychology of eating and food addiction with Dr. Glenn Livingston
In Episode 29 Dr. Glenn Livingston Ph.D. joins me to share his unique approach to finding a pause button in times of binges or uncontrolled eating. We take some time to talk about the challenges every person faces from food advertisers and hyper-palatable foods that are marketed, and how certain foods actually have addictive properties in them. Enjoy the episode my friends!
- His journey to finding the Never Binge Again approach for himself
- The approach used to stop binges in their tracks
- How certain addictive foods work in the brain
- The marketing of hyper-palatable foods
- How personality types are taken into consideration when working to find a food addiction solution
- Intuitive eating and food rules
Links from the episode:
You can find the episodes and subscribe in itunes, stitcher, tunein, google play and also listen directly below! If you’ve been enjoying the show, I would love for you to rate and review it in itunes –> HERE.
Do you intuitively eat, or have food rules you follow? Or neither? I would love to hear!