I am so pumped about today’s giveaway! I had the opportunity to try out an acupressure mat and now you can too!
Let’s dive in and learn a little more about acupressure mats, shall we?
What is an acupressure mat?
Acupressure is an ancient Ayurvedic treatment which is similar to massage, acupuncture, and reflexology. Acupressure works by massaging and stimulating key points on the body to promote deep relaxation and healing. Acupressure mats benefit the body by relieving tension, soreness and pain in the back, head, neck, shoulders, hips, feet, and other parts of the body.
Acupressure mats work by causing the body to release endorphins, oxytocin, and other “feel good” hormones which relax the mind and help the body naturally heal itself.
The Dosha Mat acupressure mat features more than 4,500 high-quality acupressure points in the beautiful shape of lotus flowers. These unique acupressure points are made of toxic-free surgical plastic and have been ergonomically engineered to have the greatest relaxation and healing effects. The mat is also made with hypoallergenic natural linen, and each acupressure mat contains a removable cushion made of 100% natural coconut fiber.
How can we benefit from using an acupressure mat?
- Reduction of pain and muscular soreness;
- Deep calm and relaxation;
- Reduction of stress and anxiety;
- Reduction of insomnia and improved sleep;
- Weight-loss through the lowering of cortisol levels;
- Increased circulation and blood flow;
- Rejuvenation of the skin;
- Improved digestion;
- Increased energy levels;
- Reduction in the appearance of cellulite;
- Alleviation of arthritis, fibromyalgia, myofascial pain syndrome, and sciatica pain; and
- Faster muscle recovery after workouts.
What did I notice using an acupressure mat?
I went into trying out my acupressure mat not knowing what to expect. I did that on purpose so that I could see what benefits I personally noticed when trying it.
I began sitting in a chair with it against my back. I noticed heat and a warming sensation. After 20 minutes I got up and went about my day and no joke, felt more energized while feeling calmer! I was shocked.
I’ve been using it a few times a week in the evenings in combination with my pelvic floor exercises. It works as a great place for me a lay and relax on while simultaneously getting some pelvic floor work in.
My kids also find it fun to lay on!
How to win your very own beautiful acupressure mat from Dosha Mat
I am pumped to give away 1 acupressure mat from Dosha Mat!
- Must reside in the US or Canada
- You can choose the lavender or turquoise color
- The giveaway ends Monday, June 3rd at 8pm PST.
- The randomly selected winner will be emailed the following day.
Are you familiar with acupressure mats? Have you tried acupuncture or acupressure before? How do you think this acupressure mat could benefit you?