This weekend we decided to escape the heat to my parents air conditioned lake house.
It was already hot on our way up! Definitely a good decision on our part.
Now that Hunter’s 2 months old, that also means it’s been 2 month since I gave birth. So how did I do on my 1 month post baby body goals? Let’s see.
- get back to teaching my twice weekly classes (cycle and body pump) and hopefully add another–I’m back to teaching my regular classes and subbing at least 1 class (but usually 2-3 classes) a week.
- go for a sprint run–DONE!
- get back to pre-baby body pump weights (shouldn’t take long since I was actually already pregnant when I started teaching body pump–DONE in no time and I’ve already increased my chest, back and bicep weights.
- see some type of weight loss, I’m not putting a number here, but just seeing it start to go in the downward direction would be nice–originally I thought I had gained 40 pounds at the end of my pregnancy, but looking back on week 39, I had gained 45. Although I haven’t seen the number change from month 1 to 2, I now know I’ve lost 20, with 25 pounds still to go.
- exercise at least 4 times a week – 2 strength and 2 cardio (in addition to my regular dog walks)–DONE! Except for dog walks. Poor Joe hasn’t been getting as much exercise. Working out four times a week has been easy to do with teaching.
I don’t see too much change in the pictures from month 1 to 2, but just a couple days ago I could begin to notice a difference in my arms, which makes sense. The way my body gains weight is in my lower half, then when I begin to loss weight it starts in my upper body.
And as far as seeing a change with my weight going down, I have a feeling it’s going to begin this month. Weight loss and breastfeeding is this tricky balance. Plus when you throw in exercise it’s even more complicated. I eat when I’m hungry, and want to make sure I eat enough to keep my milk supply going and have energy to workout. All those things need a lot of fuel… just finding that balance is key.
2 month post baby body goals
- begin running with Hunter in the stroller once, but hopefully twice a week (got the okay from his pediatrician!)
- start to see some weight loss
- limit beer and/or wine to the weekend for special occasions (I think this will really help, I’ve been enjoying wine or beer many nights throughout the week)
- begin incorporating a short, high intensity workout at home once a week (less than 20 minutes)
I feel pretty good about these goals, and I’m super excited to see how running with a stroller goes! That’s part of my Monday plan.
With the weight loss it’s not so much about the #, I’m just excited to fit back into more of my old clothes.
Have you had to find that balance between weight loss and breastfeeding? And is it super hot where you are too?