It’s a sleepy morning over here. I had a rough time getting up and making it to water aerobics this morning. But, I did make it and it felt great floating and working out in the water. Love every minute of it.
Since I’m a sleepy head, I’m just going to get straight to the point today.
What’s the point? Bread. Quick and easy, slightly sweet and fruity bread. We like fruity.
Each week for our Bradley Class we bring a snack in a different category. Last week was fruit, which is why this simple loaf was made.
I came home with a couple pieces left… it sure was a hit! I quickly finished them off the next morning.
It’s really a simple recipe, definitely one I’ll be making again!
Adapted from coconut breakfast cake
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp canola oil
- 1/4 cup natural cane sugar
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup diced mango (a little bit less than 1 whole mango)
- 1/2 cup milk of choice (I used 2%, but coconut milk would work great in here)
- 1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- Pre-heat oven to 350. Coat a loaf pan with oil spray.
- Combine all wet ingredients. In a separate bowl, combine dry and stir well. Mix dry into wet, but do nnt over mix.
- Pour into pan and bake for 35-38 minutes. Let cool at least ten minutes before going around the sides with a knife and removing from loaf pan.
Don’t be like me and only wait a couple minutes to remove the bread from your pan… you may lose a little bread!
Or if you want to be impatient like me, just lay some parchment paper down before pouring the batter in your loaf pan. I’m definitely doing that next time.
Any mango and coconut fans out there?
Today is the last day to enter the handful sports bra giveaway, hurry and enter!!