Good morning! I have to say, I definitely continued my great weekend feelings yesterday. We are this close to being all ready for baby Hunter.
Big items crossed off the list yesterday:
- Picked up a pack n play (found used on Craigslist in awesome condition) — this will be used initially in our bedroom for him
- Went and bought the car seat/stroller — now it just needs to be installed once Jacob cleans out the jeep for me and he can come home with us!
- Bought the rest of our cloth diapers — I’m excited to share which ones we went with, but that’s a whole nother post on it’s own
It feels so good to have all that stuff out of the way! Anytime now little buddy 🙂
Although we’re ready, I really don’t foresee him showing up anytime soon. I know it can happen all of a sudden and without notice, but I just picture myself having contractions for a little while at least. The Braxtons are still getting stronger, but none that I’d call painful yet. I’m, maybe not excited, but waiting with anticipation to see what they’ll be like. Fun times ahead!
It definitely felt like summer yesterday. We hit 80 degrees and when the weather heats up I want warm weather foods. Salad and grilled meals are some of my favorites.
A grilled burger with grilled pineapple? Yes please!
These burgers were over the top, which I definitely attribute to the juicy, sweet pineapple rings and heat filled sriracha mayo. The pineapple cooled, while the sriracha warmed.
I can only take a little heat, so my sauce wasn’t too spicy, but if you like heat definitely double the sriracha in your sauce. You will be one happy camper.
Pineapple Beef Burgers with Spicy Sriracha Mayo
Makes 4 burgers
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- pinch of sea salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella
- 4 pineapple rings
- 1/3 cup mayo
- 3 tbsp sriracha
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns, toasted
- toppings: avocado, grilled onion, spinach, sliced tomato
- Combine the beef, egg, breadcrumbs, green onion, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, sea salt and pepper in a bowl. Mix thoroughly and form into 4 patties.
- Pre-heat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat. Cook burgers for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until done to your liking. When you flip the burgers to cook the second side, top with shredded cheese. When burgers are done cooking, set aside and add your pineapple to the pan. Grill both sides.
- Mix together the mayo and sriracha, then spread on the buns. Add a burger patty and the pineapple, along with toppings of your choice.
And if you end up making your burger a bit too spicy, there’s always fruity fresh honeydew that will cool you down.
Do you have a favorite fruit or veggie that you use to cool down heat filled foods? Was yesterday nice n warm for you too?
And if you haven’t yet, head on over and enter to win a copy of FoodTrients + an apron!