Adobo turkey spinach meatballs are perfect to prep ahead, super kid-friendly, and tasty to boot! Add these to your next meal prep day and you’ll be set with an easy protein option to add to your meals.
I cannot tell you how excited I am that it’s Friday and my hubby is back home!
It was a long week of single parenting while he was away for work.
I wish I could say it looked as blissful as this day in life with 4 kids post, but… it wasn’t. I feel like I’m learning SO much as a mom of four on how to pour into my kids, manage LIFE, and not go crazy.
Continuously learning over here!
I did go into the week with some intentional ways to keep life rolling along while it was just me for 4 days.
- Meal prep and choose super simple meals
- Wake up before the kids and shower for the day (or else it wouldn’t happen!)
- Meditation in the morning and spend a few minutes in expressive writing (more on that to come)
- Tell myself each morning how I’m blessed with this mess! That one was key to seeing the chaos and emotions of little ones as a joy and less of a challenge
One super tasty food I prepped over the weekend that we all LOVE are these adobo turkey spinach meatballs.
The flavors are so good! If I’m rushed but want these flavors I’ll make my adobo turkey and roasted broccoli tagliatelle pasta, but I truly love these little meatballs.
They take a bit of time (compared to just browning meat in a pan) but are so worth the extra bit of effort.
We ate them as is, dipped in kefir ranch and I turned them into a salad bowl one day. YUM!
Now you can get your adobo turkey spinach meatballs going and meal prep like a boss.
Prepping a protein ahead is one of my five meal prep tips for a healthy and simplified week, and I always am so happy when I have healthy foods waiting for me in my fridge.
Now go enjoy these meatballs! Make a double batch and freeze the extra for an even easier future meal!
More recipes you’ll love
Adobo Turkey Spinach Meatballs
- 2 lb ground turkey
- 3 cups spinach chopped
- ½ cup green onion chopped
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp garlic granules
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Coconut or avocado oil for cooking
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Mix well. Heat a large skillet to medium-high heat or an electric griddle (my fav for this) to 350 degrees F.
- Roll mixture into small meatballs (about 2 tbsp mixture each) and set aside. When the meatballs are rolled out, add a small amount of coconut or avocado oil to your cooking pan to gently coat the surface. Add your meatballs. Cook for 3-4 minutes on one side, then flip and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Continue flipping until your meatballs are fully cooked and slightly golden. If you have more meatballs to cook, continue until they are all done.
Pin this image to save for later
What is your favorite protein to prep ahead or make in a big batch?
[…] Healthy real food recipe: Adobo Turkey Spinach Meatballs […]
[…] Adobo turkey spinach meatballs […]