Today I’m excited to welcome March with BREAKFAST MONTH! Yes, the month of March will be all about breakfast recipes, starting with this irresistible maple coconut peanut crunch granola!
It’s no secret, I love breakfast. I also love mixing things up in the morning. That’s not only because I enjoy variety, but I also like to start my kids off with variety in their meals as well. I find not eating the same thing day in and day out sets them up to be ready for new flavors. My hope is that my strategy keeps any picky eating habits at bay! That can be something as simple as using a different flavor or fruit in custard oatmeal. Changing flavors up doesn’t have to involve cooking entirely different meals, unless that’s what you are looking for.
Guess what? If trying new recipes is your jam, then I have the perfect recipe for you to start out with! Maple coconut peanut crunch granola. Boom.
Granola is a favorite in our house. It also happens to be one I rely on often for breakfast on Fridays (like today!) when I leave early to teach and don’t necessarily want to cook breakfast before heading out the door. We love to pair granola with plain whole milk yogurt as a great protein source, along with fresh or frozen fruit
Maple coconut peanut crunch granola
As with this maple coconut peanut crunch granola, and all the breakfasts coming up this month, here’s what you’ll get.
- Recipes that can be made ahead of time for a quick reheat, and most are even freezer ready too!
- Breakfasts that I make for my family that meet my own personal protein, fat and carbohydrate requirements. We look for balance to keep us full for the morning! If the recipe on its own isn’t fully balanced, I will share the foods I add to go along with it.
- Kid friendly foods that are approved in our house!
- BONUS: At the end I’m putting all 9 new recipes + 1 bonus recipe into a handy FREE EBOOK. More on that near the end of the month.
Maple Coconut Peanut Crunch Granola
- 4 cups old fashioned oats
- 2 cups dry roasted peanuts chopped
- 1.5 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp natural peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a small pot over low heat, add the butter. Once the butter is melted, add the maple syrup, peanut butter and vanilla. Whisk to combine.
- In a 9” x 13” baking dish, combine the oats, peanuts, cinnamon and sea salt. Pour the butter mixture over the oat mixture and stir to combine.
- Bake for 20 minutes, stir and return for 20 more minutes. Remove and add the coconut and bake for 5 more minutes.
- Allow to fully cool before storing in an airtight container.
What is your go-to breakfast when you’re rushing out the door? Favorite granola flavors?
PS: Find more breakfast month recipes right HERE!