In episode 42 of Fit Mama Real Food Radio we chat with Lindsay Livingston about when you get type 1 diabetes as an adult, as was the case with her husband.
Fit Mama Real Food Radio is a weekly podcast where I’ll be sharing insights, education and inspiration focused on living a happy and healthy life. I’ll be chatting about food, fitness, motherhood and mindset.
When you get type 1 diabetes as an adult
In episode 42 I am joined by registered dietician Lindsay Livingston. Lindsay is the blogger behind The Lean Green Bean, a blog where she shares her passion for nutrition and healthy living. Lindsay’s family went through a big transition this year when her husband was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the age of 33. I am excited to welcome her into the show to share her husbands story and how that transition has affected them, along with what life looks like now for their family.
- The difference between type 1 and type 2 diabetes
- Lindsay’s husbands symptoms, diagnosis and story
- The biggest struggle managing newly diagnosed type 1 diabetes
- Best tools that have made the transition easier
Links from the episode:
- When you get type 1 diabetes as an adult
- Find Lindsay: The Lean Green Bean, instagram, facebook, twitter
- Find her ebooks
You can find the episodes and subscribe in itunes, stitcher, tunein, google play and also listen directly below! If you’ve been enjoying the show, I would love for you to rate and review it in itunes –> HERE.
I would love to know if you’ve had personal experience with type 1 diabetes. I learned a lot in this episode and hope you did too!