Do you still have some end of summer bell peppers around? These pizzas stuffed bell peppers are the perfect use for them! The filling takes my taste buds right to Friday night pizza night. But instead of a crispy crust, we’re enjoying roasted bell peppers! More veggie. More goodness.
Meal prep has been magic in my kitchen lately. Even though I am a mostly stay at home mom (I teach fitness classes throughout the week part time), I love being prepared and not rushed when it comes to getting dinner to the table. I even love meal prep for breakfast + lunch!
I am basically just a fan of being more prepared and less frazzled. You?
These pizza stuffed bell peppers can easily be added to your meal prep routine in a few different ways.
4 ways to meal prep these pizza stuff bell peppers
You don’t have to make the entire meal ahead of time. Here are a few different components you could prep ahead of time when you have a few extra minutes in the kitchen. Whether you do a big meal prep one afternoon, or little bits each time you’re in the kitchen, make it work for you!
- Cook the ground turkey ahead of time
- Ensure you have leftover rice on hand
- Prepare your bell peppers so they’re oven ready
- Shred the cheese
Pizza stuffed bell peppers reheat beautifully, so if you decide to make them fully ahead of time, know they’ll be just as delicious when you reheat them in the microwave or oven (whatever your preference is).
Do you kids enjoy cooked bell peppers? I know that my 3 older kiddos really do not enjoy them. Anytime we have fajitas they balk at the sight of cooked bell peppers. Give them raw bell peppers and they’ll eat them all day!
Even though I know they won’t be excited about the cooked peppers, I still serve them. I encourage them to try a bite and then just eat the filling out of the bell pepper with a fork. I also served this dinner recently along with a side of orange slices. When I offer a dinner I anticipate they won’t be excited about, I make sure to serve a food I know they’ll enjoy. Fruit is always a great choice for us.
They key thing I want to share here is that they’re being exposed to it. Maybe cooked bell peppers aren’t their favorite today, but one day when they try it again, their taste buds may change, and I want them to continue to have the opportunity to try these foods and be exposed to them
Ready to make some yummy pizza stuffed bell peppers? Here’s the recipe!
Pizza Stuffed Bell Peppers
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1/4 cup onion diced
- 1 tsp garlic granules
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1.5 cups brown rice cooked
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 4 bell peppers
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Prepare the bell peppers. Remove the tops, stem and seeds. Place bell peppers on a baking sheet and rub a touch of oil over them. Bake bell peppers for 15 minutes. Prepare the filling while the peppers bake.
- Heat a medium skillet over medium-high heat and add the avocado oil. Saute ground turkey and onion together. Saute until the ground turkey is fully cooked.
- Add the garlic granules, oregano, sea salt, pepper, brown rice, pizza sauce and half the mozzarella cheese. Stir to fully combine.
- When the bell peppers have been in the oven for 15 minutes, remove and add the filling into each pepper. Top with remaining cheese and bake for 15 more minutes.
Does your family enjoy stuffed bell peppers? Is it a new meal you’ve been eyeing lately? Leave a comment and rating below if you try them!