This morning I was thinking about why I feel so passionate about bringing my kids into the kitchen with me and it hit me: necessity. I have 4 little kids and it’s just unlikely for me to be in the kitchen alone! Even if I didn’t want to involve them, they want to be involved.
If you have little kids, you know even going to the bathroom alone doesn’t happen much. It’s funny, but also true! Maybe use the curiosity and their desire to be doing what you’re doing as an opportunity to teach!
In today’s podcast episode I’m sharing how I practically involve my kids in the kitchen. I’ll also detail out how to teach kids to cook by age, along with examples of what that exactly looks like with the recipes in my eBook COOK WITH KIDS, which you can grab here!
Interested in cooking with kids? Check out these resources:
- Colorful Cooking For Kids resources + recipe lessons
- Listen to episode #33 of Fit Mama Real Food Radio: Bringing kids in the kitchen
- 100+ simple ways to involve kids in the kitchen
- How to manage the chaos of cooking with kids
- Encouraging adventurous eating in kids (with one simple rule)
- Real food loving kids: give them the power of choice
Teach Kids To Cook By Age
In episode #124 of Fit Mama Real Food Radio we are chatting about how to teach kids to cook by age! I’m giving you a practical look into my kitchen with my kids. What does it really look like to involve a 2, 4, 6 and almost 8 year old in the kitchen? How do you begin to teach kids to cook by age? We cover it all with practical examples. Want the free eBook COOK WITH KIDS? Grab it here!
Links from the show:
- Article: 100+ simple ways to involve kids in the kitchen
- Colorful Cooking For Kids
- Thanks to our podcast sponsor Seattle Elderberry! Use code FitMamaRadio for 20% off your first order!
- Check out our new podcast sponsor Cleaning Essentials! Use code fitmama15 to save 15% off your next order!
You can find the episodes and subscribe in apple podcasts, stitcher, tunein, google play and also listen directly below! If you’ve been enjoying the show, I would love for you to rate and review it in Apple Podcasts –> HERE.
How old are your kiddos? At what age did they join you in the kitchen?