In episode 33 of Fit Mama Real Food Radio we are talking all about kids in the kitchen! I share why I feel it is so important to teach kids how to cook, and how I personally implement it with my four kids. Enjoy!
Fit Mama Real Food Radio is a weekly podcast where I’ll be sharing insights, education and inspiration focused on living a happy and healthy life. I’ll be chatting about food, fitness, motherhood and mindset.
Bringing kids into the kitchen
In Episode 33 let the conversation about bringing kids into the kitchen begin! I share why I think kids need to help in the kitchen, the study that also shows the importance of it, plus how I encourage my kids in the kitchen from 0 to 6 years old! I hope you are left inspired to look for opportunities to bring your children into the kitchen, every day.
- Why it is important to bring kids into the kitchen
- When I learned how to cook
- How I involve my kids in the kitchen from ages 0-6
- Tag me on instagram @fitmamarealfood if you share a picture of your kid in the kitchen!
Links from the episode:
- Self-Perceived Cooking Skills in Emerging Adulthood Predict Better Dietary Behaviors and Intake 10 Years Later: A Longitudinal Study
- episode 16: teaching kids to cook real food
10 recipes to make with kids:
- almond butter zucchini muffins
- maple coconut peanut crunch granola
- peanut butter chocolate overnight oatmeal
- peanut butter raisin banana breakfast cookies
- cheddar broccoli egg muffins
- peanut butter banana spinach green smoothie
- carrot cake energy balls
- banana-egg-oat pancakes
- homemade trailmix
- peanut butter banana soft serve
You can find the episodes and subscribe in itunes, stitcher, tunein, google play and also listen directly below! If you’ve been enjoying the show, I would love for you to rate and review it in itunes –> HERE.
When did you learn how to cook? What is your favorite way to include your kids in the kitchen?