Let’s embrace the simplicity of this sheet pan chorizo breakfast hash for those busy mornings. It makes a fantastic freezer meal, and is hearty for hungry bellies!
Hands down, this sheet pan recipe tops my list of breakfasts I’m most excited to pull out of the freezer when baby girl arrives (any day now, I’m 6 days past my due date!).
The chorizo spice blend is so interesting and different than anything I already make. And I just love that the potatoes, veggies and sausage all bake up together on one pan together, keeping it sooooo easy.
Ever since I tasted authentic chorizo I’ve been obsessed. At our first house one Christmas our next door neighbor gifted homemade, authentic chorizo. We didn’t know each other than well, but she sure knew my love language of food! Guys, it was AMAZING. I wish I had her recipe to recreate that exact chorizo again.
Alas, I created my own spice blend to emulate those flavors. I researched tons of chorizo recipes, searched my spice drawer and came up with something I’m really excited about. The combination of heat from ancho chile pepper and warming spices like cinnamon and clove bring interest and something a little different to the dish. I love my sheet pan chorizo breakfast hash topped with a drippy egg, cultured sour cream and green onions! Oh and if you’ve got a perfectly ripe avocado, throw some slices of that on there too!
More recipes you’ll love
Sheet Pan Chorizo Breakfast Hash
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1.5 tbsp ancho chile pepper
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp garlic granules
- 1 tsp spanish paprika
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp oregano
- ½ tsp thyme
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp clove
- 5 medium yukon gold potatoes (about 1.25 lb) diced into bite size pieces
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- ½ red onion diced
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees F. Prepare a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Prepare the chorizo by combining the ground pork with the next 10 ingredients. Mix with either a fork, or with hands with gloves on. Mix well until all the spices are thoroughly combined. Set aside.
- Add the diced potatoes, bell pepper and onion onto the baking sheet. Toss with 1 tbsp avocado oil + ½ tsp sea salt. Add the chorizo pieces onto by breaking off bite size pieces and layering them over the potato mixture.
- Bake for 25 minutes, stir, then bake continue to bake for 20-25 more minutes until the potatoes are cooked to your liking, and the chorizo is cooked fully.
- Serve with a poached or fried egg on top plus your favorite taco toppings!
Find more breakfast month recipes right HERE!
Have you ever made homemade chorizo sausage? Do you have a favorite go-to sheet pan recipes?