These cream cheese ham pinwheels the perfect lunchbox companion. Another way we’ve been using them – an on-the-go dinner option! Kids LOVE them and you can prep a huge amount in advance to simplify your life.
Dinner on the go
Not only are my kiddos back to school, but we are back to fall soccer as well! We have 2 kids in soccer and that makes our evening schedule feel full. I feel really lucky though because our schedule could have been a heck of a lot crazier. Both Hunter and Zoe have soccer practice 2x a week, and by some miracle (Jesus was totally looking out for my sanity), their practices fall on the same nights, at same time, and at the same place.
How lucky, right?!
Since soccer practice happens during dinner time I’ve been making dinner in advance to bring for Nova, Holland and myself. We get to watch soccer, pick flowers, kick a ball around and come home hungry with satisfied bellies! And then dinner is also ready and waiting for the big kids when they get home!
Perfect pinwheels for on the go
For the first evening practice I made these cream cheese ham pinwheels and they were such a hit I made them again for the next practice later in that week! They’re on my lunchbox idea list as well because they hold up well in the fridge for multiple days which makes them the perfect candidate for lunchbox meal prep.
More lunchbox recipes
Lunchboxes I love
How to make pinwheels
Pinwheels are super great to make assembly line style. Lay out all the tortillas and go from one to the next!
First, create your filling.
Next, spread filling.
Lastly, roll and cut!
Ingredients for cream cheese ham pinwheels
- cream cheese
- uncured ham lunchmeat
- curry powder
- sea salt
- spring greens
- whole wheat tortillas (or favorite grain free tortillas)
Cream cheese ham pinwheel recipe
Whether you’re packing for a lunchbox, dinner on the go, a picnic or to serve at home, add these cream cheese ham rolls into your rotation! Kids can even help make them which is so much fun!
Cream Cheese Ham Pinwheels
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 12 ounces uncured ham lunchmeat diced
- 1 tsp curry powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 4 cups spring greens
- 8 large whole wheat tortillas (or coconut for grain free)
- In a medium bowl combine the cream cheese, ham, curry powder, sea salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly.
- Lay out the 8 tortillas. Evenly distribute the cream cheese mixture and spread on the tortillas, leaving the outside edge with no spread. Sprinkle ½ cup of spring greens over the cream cheese mixture.
- Roll the tortillas up. Cut each rolled tortilla into 4 pieces.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Do your evenings get full with sports and kiddo activities, or do you keep them mellow and open?