Just 5 simple ingredients are all you need for this delicious, go-to green smoothie. We love this peanut butter banana spinach smoothie so much! Such a simple way to get more greens into your diet.
After my 1 week postpartum post went up on, I feel 100% better!! I am not longer living in bed, but getting to enjoy being around all my kiddos and husband. It’s the little things, like watching them have massive LEGO parties on the living room floor, that brings me a whole lotta happiest. Just being WITH them is the best.
Another thing that brings me happiness? Getting back (slooooooooowly) into the kitchen. I haven’t actually cooked anything yet. Jacob has taken the reigns and cooked all of our breakfasts and lunches (and cleaned and laundry – the man does it all!), plus we have had dinners brought by friends every night since we’ve been back, which is so nice! But I do miss being in the kitchen, so today I’m easing back in with our go-to green smoothie. Partly because the spinach in the fridge is on its last leg, but mostly because it is so dang good!
Delicious green smoothie
Don’t let the green color scare you away. This peanut butter banana spinach smoothie tastes like dessert. Just 5 ingredients leave you with a creamy, peanut buttery-banana goodness you won’t be able to stop slurping up! We usually split this entire batch between the 5 of us, 2 adults and 3 kids. I’ve even made it when the kids were away and Jacob + I enjoyed massive mason jars full of green smoothie.
Kid friendly drinks
This green smoothie is incredibly easy to make, fun for kids to help with and tastes delicious. The coconut milk adds an extra level to the creaminess, along with extra staying power from the fat. If you’ve never tried full fat canned coconut milk in your smoothies, give it a try! It’s all I use and I absolutely love the result. I hope this peanut butter banana spinach smoothie becomes your go-to green smoothie as well!
Ingredients for your green smoothie
- full fat coconut milk
- fresh spinach
- ripe bananas
- natural peanut butter
- vanilla extract
- collagen peptides
How to make your green smoothie
- Blend coconut milk, water and spinach until smooth
- Add the bananas, peanut butter, vanilla extract and optional collagen peptides. Blend until the smoothie is super creamy and everything is fully combined and broken down. Serve and enjoy!
Peanut Butter Banana Spinach Smoothie
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 4 cups fresh spinach
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 scoops collagen peptides optional
- Add the canned coconut milk, water and spinach to a high speed blender Blend for 30-60 seconds, or until the spinach is smoothly combined with the liquid.
- Add the bananas, peanut butter, vanilla extract and optional collagen peptides. Blend for 1-2 minutes until the smoothie is super creamy and everything is fully combined and broken down. Serve and enjoy!
Did you like this recipe? Here are others you might enjoy:
Do you have a go-to green smoothie recipe? I would love to hear what goes into it! Do you experiments with greens other than spinach in your smoothies?