Grab your main ingredients – ripe bananas, avocado and cocoa powder and you’re on your way to a serious treat – naturally sweet chocolate avocado pudding!
Avocados are one of those foods I always try to keep in the house. I love the healthy fats and flavor! Avocados are seriously one of my favorites. My kids on the other hand, they go back and forth as to whether they’re on team avocado or not. I don’t worry about it though. I can always get the goodness of avocado in them with this naturally sweet chocolate avocado pudding! Bonus, no added sugar which is a huge win for this mama!
While I don’t hide foods in recipes often (I want them to know what they’re eating), this is a sneaky way to eat avocado if you or a little one just aren’t loving avocados right now. The avocado adds an amazing creaminess to the chocolate pudding. The sweetness comes from ripe banana and when you combine it with cocoa powder you are left with a serious treat!
Kid and mama approved. Hurry, go make yourself some naturally sweet chocolate avocado pudding!
Naturally Sweet Chocolate Avocado Pudding
- 2 ripe avocados
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of cinnamon optional
- pinch of sea salt optional
- Add all ingredients into a blender or food processor. Blend on high until everything is combined and your pudding is super silky and creamy. You may need to scrape down the sides once or twice.
- Chill or serve immediately. Extra can be kept in the fridge for up to 2 days.
Pin this image to save for later!
Are you team avocado or no avocado? Do you kids flip flop whether they love it or not?
PS: Looking for more naturally sweet recipes? Here are 6 amazing kid friendly and naturally sweet treats!
*Originally published in July 2015. Updated May 2019.*