My healthy baked ranch chicken recipe is the perfect protein to meal prep! Using homemade ranch seasoning mix is such an easy way to flavor up chicken. No bland or boring chicken breasts happening over here!
Easy homemade ranch chicken
There’s something about ranch that just screams comfort to me. Maybe it’s because I grew up looooooving it, or maybe it’s because I am currently (and have been for the past few years) obsessed with my homemade kefir ranch, but ranch anything is just plain delicious.
Kids love it too! Which is a win when there are four in your house. And they are all little. I will take all the wins that I can get.
How to use meal prepped ranch chicken
I love making ranch chicken as part of an ingredient meal, then repurposing the leftovers into a new meal. It’s a serious time saver and the perfect protein to prep in bulk!
Here’s what that can look like:
Repurpose extra chicken into buffalo chicken salad!
Repurpose extra chicken into cheesy curry chicken and rice casserole!
It’s a serious time saver when you can cook once, then have your protein ready for the next meal!
Can you bulk prep chicken breasts?
Yes you sure can! You can easily double or triple this recipe to make a larger amount. Use that week, or freeze extra to have on hand for future meals.
How do you freeze and store extra chicken?
Chicken freezes really well. Once you’ve cooked the ranch chicken (and it’s fully cooled), you can cut it into bite size pieces if you’d like it stored that way. Place chicken in a freezer bag, label and date and freeze for up to 6 months. It’s a really smart way to have prepped protein on hand for your most rushed days.
How to make ranch chicken
- Cut your chicken breasts into strips – this will shorten the baking time.
- Season chicken with oil + homemade ranch seasoning mix.
- Bake until cooked through.
Here are more chicken recipes you might like:
- Buffalo chicken salad
- Cheesy curry chicken and rice casserole
- Coconut curry chicken with udon noodles and broccoli
- Curry chicken salad with grapes and celery
- 4 ingredient instant pot teriyaki chicken and veggies
Healthy Ranch Chicken
- 1.25 lb chicken breast (cut into 4-5 equal strips)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp homemade ranch seasoning mix
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Prepare cut chicken by tossing in the extra virgin olive oil. Sprinkle the homemade ranch seasoning mix over both sides of the chicken, evenly distributing it.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until chicken is no longer pink and fully cooked.
Thoughts on all things ranch? I’d love to know if you love it as much as I do! If you try this recipe, leave a rating and comment below.