Whole green juice made in a blender? Yes! No messing around with a juicer for this energizing, delicious green juice. Packed with kale, celery, apple and lemon juice, the flavor is amazing. Plus you’ll feel so good after drinking it. My kids beg for sips, and I hope yours do too!
There is nothing like drinking a big glass of whole green juice to get me fired up and energized for my day! Friends, I have been obsessed with this exact green juice and today I am finally sharing how to make it!
If you are a visual person and love watching how recipes are made, I filmed a short video over on my youtube channel!
What is a whole juice?
Let’s start by talking about the difference between juice and a whole juice.
- Juice is when the liquid has been squeezed out of fruits and vegetables and the pulp (fiber, skin, chewables) are discarded. You’re left with a smooth drink to sip on. When you buy juice at the store, it’s most often strained and this type.
- Whole juice in contrast, does not strain out the pulp. You blend the whole fruits and veggies until it is smooth, but not as liquid smooth like traditional juice. You DO get the fiber that is lost in traditional juice, and that’s a bonus!
What are the benefits of green juice?
Green juice especially is full of benefits. Here are a handful of them:
- Helps to reduce inflammation
- Loads of chlorophyll which strengthens your immune system, increases red blood cell production and helps you body move and use oxygen.
- Improves digestion.
- Increased energy
- Beneficial in alkalizing your body
- Fiber rich (with whole juice)
What type of blender should I use?
I’ve made this whole juice in a couple different blenders and the power of the blender really does matter. It wasn’t until I started using this blender that I absolutely loved the smooth texture of my whole juice. Prior I was left with some extra chew.
Ingredients in whole green juice
- Kale – loaded with vitamin A, C and K and also folate
- Celery – anti-inflamitory
- Apple – vitamin C, potassium and the touch of sweetness
- Lemon juice – aids in digestion plus vitamin C
How to make whole green juice in your blender
It really couldn’t be easier!
- Start by adding water into your high speed blender, then add the kale, celery, apple and juice of the lemon.
- Next blend on high for 30 seconds until smooth.
- Drink it up, or strain out the pulp.
How to strain out the pulp in juice
If your blender leaves too much chew, here’s how you can strain and make juice using your blender, without needing to invest in an actual juicer, if you need more tips go to Blending Gadgets.
After you blend the juice, place a cheese cloth over a colander, and the colander over a bowl large enough for the volume of juice. Pour the juice into the cheese cloth coveted colander, and allow the juice to drip through the cheese cloth into the bowl, while the pulp stays in the colander. Depending on the size of your colander you may have to wait for some liquid to drain through before pouring more in.
Whole Green Juice in a Blender
- high speed blender
- 2 stems of kale leaves removed from stems
- 1 stalk of celery broken 3-4 pieces
- 1 apple cut into 5-6 chunks
- 1 lemon juiced
- In a high speed blender add 12 ounces of water. Add the kale, celery, apple and juice of the lemon.
- Blend on high for 30 seconds until smooth. Enjoy!
Did you like this recipe? Here are others you might enjoy:
Have you tried whole green juice before? If you make this recipe, please leave a rating and comment below!