Women need to strength train. It is so important, but often neglected. Today on Fit Mama Real Food Radio I am joined by Shelby Stover to chat about why women need to strength train, along with how to get started. Let’s dive in!
I am a huge advocate for ladies to strength train. Whether it’s using dumbbells, a kettlebell, a barbell or body weight, building strength is so important for health, maintaining muscle mass and bone density. I wanted to share a few of my favorite strength training workouts to go along with our conversation around strength training, because if you’re new to lifting weights, you may be wondering where to start.
Here are 6 strength training workouts to get you started:
- 20 minute full body beginner strength training workout
- 15 minute full body strength training workout
- 20 minute quick full body at home kettlebell workout
- The 300 repetition kettlebell workout
- 10 minute leg burner workout
- 10 minute upper body burner dumbbell workout
If you love listening to podcasts on this topic, be sure to check out these prior episodes:
- Episode 113: Safely exercise through pregnancy with Liz Winters
- Episode 80: The benefits of HIIT
- Episode 72: Postpartum recovery and return to exercise with Anna Scammell
- Episode 70: Getting started with exercise in 4 easy steps
- Episode 48: Operation do more yoga
- Episode 36: 10 tips to get more our of your workouts
Why Women Need To Strength Train with Shelby
In episode 114 of Fit Mama Real Food Radio I am joined by Shelby from fitasamamabear.com. Shelby is a strength and nutrition coach and joins me to cover the importance of strength training for women. We talk about why should women strength train, what a strength training routine can look like, the best equipment and the often asked questions of whether ladies will get bulky by adding strength training in.
Links from the show
- Connect with Shelby: Website, Instagram
- Free home workouts at Fit Mama Real Food on YouTube
- Thanks to our podcast sponsor Seattle Elderberry! Use code FitMamaRadio for 20% off your first order!
You can find the episodes and subscribe in apple podcasts, stitcher, tunein, google play and also listen directly below! If you’ve been enjoying the show, I would love for you to rate and review it in Apple Podcasts –> HERE.